Houston leads US list in number of burglaries
Washington: Houston, the fourth-largest city in the US, has topped a list of places that saw the maximum number of burglaries in the country, Xinhua reported.
Data based on burglaries at a home or an office showed that Houston had more than 27,000 burglaries in 2011 alone, TV channel ABC13 cited the FBI Uniform Crime Report as saying.
Chicago was not far behind on the list, with about a thousand fewer burglaries than Houston. Dallas, Phoenix and New York all reported more than 18,000 burglaries each.
Houston, with a population of around 2.1 million, is the largest city in the state of Texas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble