How White House Spokesman fended prickly press questions 10,000 times
New York: White House spokesman Jay Carney has evaded responding to a question an estimated 9,486 times in his 444 briefings, since he took the podium in February 2011, a review has revealed.
The review by Yahoo revealed that Carney has devised a total of 13 main clever phrases to essentially tell reporters to get lost, the New York Daily News reported.
His most popular response to dodge the questions were `he doesn`t have the answer,` which he gave a total of 1,905 times, another phrase that he used quite often was that `he will refer you to someone else,` (1,383 times).
The 48-year-old former journalist also said 1,125 times that they `already know the answer.`
The other famous phrases he used were `he is not going to tell` (939 times), `he is not sure,` (549 times), `No comment` (429), and `the President won`t tell him,` (117 times).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional