How White House Spokesman fended prickly press questions 10,000 times
New York: White House spokesman Jay Carney has evaded responding to a question an estimated 9,486 times in his 444 briefings, since he took the podium in February 2011, a review has revealed.
The review by Yahoo revealed that Carney has devised a total of 13 main clever phrases to essentially tell reporters to get lost, the New York Daily News reported.
His most popular response to dodge the questions were `he doesn`t have the answer,` which he gave a total of 1,905 times, another phrase that he used quite often was that `he will refer you to someone else,` (1,383 times).
The 48-year-old former journalist also said 1,125 times that they `already know the answer.`
The other famous phrases he used were `he is not going to tell` (939 times), `he is not sure,` (549 times), `No comment` (429), and `the President won`t tell him,` (117 times).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing