How White House Spokesman fended prickly press questions 10,000 times
New York: White House spokesman Jay Carney has evaded responding to a question an estimated 9,486 times in his 444 briefings, since he took the podium in February 2011, a review has revealed.
The review by Yahoo revealed that Carney has devised a total of 13 main clever phrases to essentially tell reporters to get lost, the New York Daily News reported.
His most popular response to dodge the questions were `he doesn`t have the answer,` which he gave a total of 1,905 times, another phrase that he used quite often was that `he will refer you to someone else,` (1,383 times).
The 48-year-old former journalist also said 1,125 times that they `already know the answer.`
The other famous phrases he used were `he is not going to tell` (939 times), `he is not sure,` (549 times), `No comment` (429), and `the President won`t tell him,` (117 times).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets