Hubby cuts off wife`s lips, eats them
London: An Iranian living in Sweden, suspecting his wife of having an extra-marital affair, chopped off her lips with a knife and ate them. He has been arrested and faces trial.
The 52-year-old man had worked as an associate professor and done post-doctoral research in 2010 at a prestigious Swedish medical institute in Stockholm, Daily Mail reported.
Subsequently, he was employed by a university in Tehran but he continued to live partly in Stockholm, where he collaborated with his old research group at the university.
According to Sweden`s Aftonbladet newspaper, the man flew into a jealous rage over suspicions that his much younger wife was having an affair. During a closed court hearing, he admitted to having cut off her lips in a fit of rage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company