Huge attack on Iraq prisoner convoy kills at least 60: Police
Baghdad: Suicide bombers and gunmen Thursday attacked a bus transferring convicts from a prison north of Baghdad in a huge onslaught that sparked clashes with security forces and left at least 60 dead, police said.
The dead include prisoners and policemen, an official at the interior ministry told AFP. The assault came a year almost to the day after an attack on two Iraqi prisons freed some 500 inmates.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!