‘Hugely embarrassing’ film on French President
London: A new ‘hugely embarrassing’ film will depict French President Nicolas Sarkozy’s life, right from his rise to power to the day his previous wife left him.
Called ‘The Conquest’, the film is written by historian and screenwriter Patrick Rotman and is the first ever movie about a French president and will portray his rise to power in the five years before he was elected in 2007.
It begins with Sarkozy waking up alone at a hotel on the Champs-Elysees after celebrating his election victory, following which, he is shown spending his first day as President searching in vain for the wife he married in 1996, a former top model and mother of his youngest son Louis, 13.
A scene set on the previous evening later shows him pleading with Cecilia who famously refused to vote for him, to attend the celebrations.
“I`m waiting for you at the Place de la Concorde. You have to come,” the Daily Mail quoted him as telling her.
And though she turns up, but soon leaves alone.
The couple`s marriage came under intense media scrutiny in France when Cecilia, now 52, had an affair with American millionaire Richard Attias in 2005.
Although the two reunited, they were rarely seen together during his election campaign, and after making a brief reappearance once he became president she then told a magazine she had no wish to live in the presidential Elysee Palace.
They finally divorced in October 2007 and she set up home with Attias in New York.
Months after his second marriage broke up, Sarkozy met Carla Bruni and got married within months.
It is not known if Sarkozy has seen early rushes of the movie, but when he learned who was playing him he is said to have told aides, “That`s not right, he`s got a lot less hair than me.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why