Hugo Chavez has a few months left to live: Report
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who has an aggressive form of cancer, only has a few months left to live, a report said.
According to US journalist Dan Rather, Chavez`s cancer is now in last stage.
His report further casts doubt whether Chavez will stay alive till the results of the October 07 elections are declared.
Rather has cited "a highly respected source close to Chavez who is in a position to know his medical condition and history”, saying that the Venezuelan leader has metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma, an aggressive form of cancer that has "entered the end stage”.
"This source says the prognosis is dire and that Chavez is now not expected to live `more than a couple of months at most’," the 80-year-old journalist wrote in an article.
Chavez is seeking re-election for a third time in the October 07 Presidential Elections.
The leftist leader began the treatments in late March after an operation in February that he says removed a second tumour from his pelvic region. The first tumour was taken out in an operation last June.
Chavez has kept some details of his illness a secret, including the type of cancer and the precise location of the tumours.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj