Hugo Chavez heading to Cuba for more treatment
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has asked his country`s legislature for permission to travel to Cuba for more medical treatment after spending much of the past 18 months fighting cancer.
The Tuesday request says Chavez has needed "various sessions of hyperbaric oxygenation" and physical therapy to continue "consolidating the process of strengthening health." The request doesn`t provide more details about the treatment. Hyperbaric treatments can be used for a broad variety of conditions.
The 58-year-old president first underwent cancer treatment in Cuba in June 2011 and suffered a relapse in February. He has since said he`s recovered from the pelvic cancer and won re-election in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Palestinians seek to sue Britain over 1917 vow to Jews
- PM Modi should also be suspended from House for 'inviting ISI to Pathankot', says AAP MP Bhagwant Mann
- MASSIVE! Italian giants Juventus complete USD 104 million transfer of Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli
- Odisha govt has "nexus" with Maoists: BJP probe team
- Political blame-game begins as auto, taxi unions go on indefinite strike against app-based taxi services