Hugo Chavez heading to Cuba for more treatment
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has asked his country`s legislature for permission to travel to Cuba for more medical treatment after spending much of the past 18 months fighting cancer.
The Tuesday request says Chavez has needed "various sessions of hyperbaric oxygenation" and physical therapy to continue "consolidating the process of strengthening health." The request doesn`t provide more details about the treatment. Hyperbaric treatments can be used for a broad variety of conditions.
The 58-year-old president first underwent cancer treatment in Cuba in June 2011 and suffered a relapse in February. He has since said he`s recovered from the pelvic cancer and won re-election in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...
- Shocking! China man jumps underneath moving truck in dramatic video – Watch what happens next
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report