Hugo Chavez heading to Cuba for more treatment
Caracas (Venezuela): Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has asked his country`s legislature for permission to travel to Cuba for more medical treatment after spending much of the past 18 months fighting cancer.
The Tuesday request says Chavez has needed "various sessions of hyperbaric oxygenation" and physical therapy to continue "consolidating the process of strengthening health." The request doesn`t provide more details about the treatment. Hyperbaric treatments can be used for a broad variety of conditions.
The 58-year-old president first underwent cancer treatment in Cuba in June 2011 and suffered a relapse in February. He has since said he`s recovered from the pelvic cancer and won re-election in October.
- Kerala polls: Time ripe for BJP to open account in the state, says Rajiv Pratap Rudy
- TMC will be wiped out after poll results: Congress
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions