`Hugo Chavez suffered complications in surgery`
Caracas: President Hugo Chavez suffered bleeding during his cancer surgery in Cuba but was recovering from the complications, Venezuela`s government said on Thursday.
Chavez suffered "bleeding that required the use of corrective measures" during Tuesday`s surgery, Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said, reading a government statement. It said those measures allowed for the "opportune control" of the bleeding.
Villegas also said that Chavez was going through "a progressive and favourable recovery of the normal values of his vital signs”.
"This recovery process, nevertheless, will require a prudent period of time as a consequence of the complexity of the surgery performed," he said.
Villegas expressed hope a day earlier about the president returning home for his January 10 swearing-in for a new six-year term, but said in a written message on a government website that if Chavez doesn`t make it, "our people should be prepared to understand it”.
Chavez underwent his fourth cancer-related operation in Havana after announcing that tests had found the illness had come back despite previous operations, chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Chavez has kept secret some details about the pelvic cancer, including the type and location of the tumours that have been removed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next