`Hugo Chavez`s battle for health, life continues`
Caracas: President Hugo Chavez is continuing his battle for "health and life" following his recent cancer treatment, said Venezuela`s Vice President Nicolas Maduro on Thursday.
The 58-year-old Chavez has been battling cancer since 2011. He was re- elected to another six-year term in October 2012, following a contentious campaign against a coalition of conservative parties.
The ailing President faces "delicate health condition" because he worked tirelessly without rest for the people, said the country`s Vice President during a public ceremonial event here, Xinhua reported.
Maduro did not elaborate on the health of Chavez, who, as reported by the Venezuelan authorities, remains hospitalised in a military hospital in Caracas, 11 days after returning to Venezuela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'