Hugo Chavez’s last words: Please don’t let me die
London: Deceased Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez expressed his desire to live, and his love for the country, shortly before dying of a heart attack.
The head of Venezuela’s presidential guard, General Jose Ornella, told an international news agency that Chavez could not speak, but he said it with his lips ‘I don’t want to die. Please don’t let me die,’ because he loved his country, he sacrificed himself for his country.
General Ornella also echoed Vice President Nicolas Maduro’s allegation that foul play was involved in the death of Chavez.
According to the Independent, Cuba, which declared three days of mourning after the death of Hugo Chavez, is facing an uncertain future after his death.
Chavez, who spent three months in Havana receiving treatment for his cancer and had a close personal relationship with Fidel Castro, right, supplied Cuba with huge amounts of subsidised oil.
World leaders gathered in Caracas for the funeral which drew millions of Chavez’s supporters.
The mayor of Minsk has announced his intention to name a street in the Belarussian capital after the deceased President. Chavez visited Minsk a number of times, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note