Hugo Chávez returns home after cancer surgery
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said on his Twitter account Monday that he has returned home after a two-month cancer treatment in Cuba.
"We have arrived again to the Venezuelan homeland. Thank you, God! Thank you, my beloved people! We shall continue the treatment here," Chavez posted on Twitter.
The 58-year-old leader underwent cancer surgery in Cuba Dec 11, reported Xinhua.
Last week, the Venezuelan government released the first images of Chavez following his surgery, showing him propped up in bed flanked by his two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...