Hugo Chávez returns home after cancer surgery
Caracas: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez said on his Twitter account Monday that he has returned home after a two-month cancer treatment in Cuba.
"We have arrived again to the Venezuelan homeland. Thank you, God! Thank you, my beloved people! We shall continue the treatment here," Chavez posted on Twitter.
The 58-year-old leader underwent cancer surgery in Cuba Dec 11, reported Xinhua.
Last week, the Venezuelan government released the first images of Chavez following his surgery, showing him propped up in bed flanked by his two daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?