Human organs found in US locker after smell
Pensacola (Florida): Authorities are investigating after finding human brains, hearts and lungs of more than 100 people in a Florida storage unit they say belonged to a former medical examiner.
Someone bought the unit at auction last week and noticed a foul smell as they sifted through furniture and boxes.
Officials at the medical examiner`s office in Pensacola say the remains were found crudely stored in Tupperware containers, garbage bags and drink cups. Many remains were not identified.
Pensacola medical examiner director Jeff Martin said the unit belonged to Dr. Michael Berkland. Berkland worked at the office from 1997 until 2003, when he was fired for not completing autopsy reports.
A call left at number believed to be Berkland`s was not immediately returned Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city