Human organs found in US locker after smell
Pensacola (Florida): Authorities are investigating after finding human brains, hearts and lungs of more than 100 people in a Florida storage unit they say belonged to a former medical examiner.
Someone bought the unit at auction last week and noticed a foul smell as they sifted through furniture and boxes.
Officials at the medical examiner`s office in Pensacola say the remains were found crudely stored in Tupperware containers, garbage bags and drink cups. Many remains were not identified.
Pensacola medical examiner director Jeff Martin said the unit belonged to Dr. Michael Berkland. Berkland worked at the office from 1997 until 2003, when he was fired for not completing autopsy reports.
A call left at number believed to be Berkland`s was not immediately returned Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal