Human organs found in US locker after smell
Pensacola (Florida): Authorities are investigating after finding human brains, hearts and lungs of more than 100 people in a Florida storage unit they say belonged to a former medical examiner.
Someone bought the unit at auction last week and noticed a foul smell as they sifted through furniture and boxes.
Officials at the medical examiner`s office in Pensacola say the remains were found crudely stored in Tupperware containers, garbage bags and drink cups. Many remains were not identified.
Pensacola medical examiner director Jeff Martin said the unit belonged to Dr. Michael Berkland. Berkland worked at the office from 1997 until 2003, when he was fired for not completing autopsy reports.
A call left at number believed to be Berkland`s was not immediately returned Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown