Human rights forum begins in Beijing
Beijing: Over 100 officials, diplomats and human rights experts from the UN and 33 countries are taking part in the sixth Beijing Forum on Human Rights that began Thursday.
The two-day forum will focus on constructing an environment for sustainable human rights development, Xinhua reported.
Its topics will cover rule of law, the internet and protection of human rights and international cooperation in human rights issues.
The annual event was first held in 2008 and has become a key platform for human rights exchanges among different countries, ethnicities and cultures.
This year`s forum is being co-organised by the China Society for Human Rights Studies, the largest human rights academic group in the country, and the China Foundation for Human Rights Development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda