Hundreds of security forces block Saudi protest
Cairo: Outnumbered by anti-riot police,
dozens of Saudi men and women protested outside Riyadh`s
Interior Ministry, demanding the release of thousands of
detainees held without trial for years.
Witnesses say a number of protesters were arrested
today after trying to push their way into the building,
heavily fortified by about 2,000 special forces and some 200
There was no official confirmation on the arrests.
It was the third protest this month by families and
activists demanding information on the fate of people held
without trial for years on security and terrorism charges.
Saudi authorities ban demonstrations and appear increasingly
determined to prevent the spread of unrest inspired by
uprisings across the Arab world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20