Hundreds of security forces block Saudi protest
Cairo: Outnumbered by anti-riot police,
dozens of Saudi men and women protested outside Riyadh`s
Interior Ministry, demanding the release of thousands of
detainees held without trial for years.
Witnesses say a number of protesters were arrested
today after trying to push their way into the building,
heavily fortified by about 2,000 special forces and some 200
There was no official confirmation on the arrests.
It was the third protest this month by families and
activists demanding information on the fate of people held
without trial for years on security and terrorism charges.
Saudi authorities ban demonstrations and appear increasingly
determined to prevent the spread of unrest inspired by
uprisings across the Arab world.
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy