Hundreds of South Africans pray for Mandela at church
Johannesburg: A South African priest says his congregation is praying for Nelson Mandela`s health after he spent two nights in a hospital earlier this week for a respiratory infection.
Rev Benedict Mahlangu, priest at the main Roman Catholic church in the black township of Soweto, said on Sunday that he asked congregants to pray for Mandela`s health. More than 500 people gathered in the historic Regina Mundi church, a former canter of anti-apartheid protests and funerals.
Doctors discharged the 92-year-old Nobel peace laureate from the hospital on Friday, and he is continuing to receive care from home.
Mandela became the country`s first black president after serving 27 years in prison for his fight against racist rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly