Hundreds of South Africans pray for Mandela at church
Johannesburg: A South African priest says his congregation is praying for Nelson Mandela`s health after he spent two nights in a hospital earlier this week for a respiratory infection.
Rev Benedict Mahlangu, priest at the main Roman Catholic church in the black township of Soweto, said on Sunday that he asked congregants to pray for Mandela`s health. More than 500 people gathered in the historic Regina Mundi church, a former canter of anti-apartheid protests and funerals.
Doctors discharged the 92-year-old Nobel peace laureate from the hospital on Friday, and he is continuing to receive care from home.
Mandela became the country`s first black president after serving 27 years in prison for his fight against racist rule.
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared