Hungarian university head resigns over plagiarism
Budapest: The head of the university that revoked the doctorate of Hungary`s President due to plagiarism says he is resigning his position.
Tivadar Tulassay said on Sunday that the decision by Semmelweis University to revoke President Pal Schmitt`s 1992 doctorate has led to a noticeable loss of confidence in Tulassay by the Ministry of National Resources, which oversees education matters.
Tulassay says that he will notify the ministry on Monday about his departure, which he hopes will ensure the university can return to normalcy after the scandal.
Following up on media reports, a university investigation found on Tuesday that some 200 pages of Schmitt`s 215-page thesis on the modern Olympic Games was mostly copied from two other authors.
Schmitt has said he will not resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal