Hungarian university head resigns over plagiarism
Budapest: The head of the university that revoked the doctorate of Hungary`s President due to plagiarism says he is resigning his position.
Tivadar Tulassay said on Sunday that the decision by Semmelweis University to revoke President Pal Schmitt`s 1992 doctorate has led to a noticeable loss of confidence in Tulassay by the Ministry of National Resources, which oversees education matters.
Tulassay says that he will notify the ministry on Monday about his departure, which he hopes will ensure the university can return to normalcy after the scandal.
Following up on media reports, a university investigation found on Tuesday that some 200 pages of Schmitt`s 215-page thesis on the modern Olympic Games was mostly copied from two other authors.
Schmitt has said he will not resign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets