Hungary President Schmitt resigns over plagiarism row
Budapest: Hungarian President Pal Schmitt, who was stripped of his doctorate last week in a plagiarism row, announced on Monday that he will resign from his post.
"Based on Hungary`s constitution, which I have signed, the president expresses the unity of the nation," he told parliament.
"The provision means that in this situation when my personal issue divides my beloved nation rather than unites it, it is my duty to end my service and resign my mandate as president," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight