Hurricane Iselle forms in the Pacific: US forecasters
Mexico: Hurricane Iselle formed in the Pacific far off the northwestern coast of Mexico and is heading west away from land, the US National Hurricane Center said Friday.
Packing maximum sustained winds of 75 miles per hour (120 kilometers per hour), the storm was located some 1,270 miles (2,040 kilometers) west-southwest of the southern tip of Baja California, the Miami-based center said in its 0300 GMT bulletin.
Iselle is moving in a west-northwesterly direction at around 12 miles "and this motion is expected to continue through Sunday."
Additional strengthening is forecast for the next 48 hours, the NHC said, adding there are currently no coastal watches or warnings in effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened