Hurricane Sandy death toll rises to 65 in Caribbean
Port-Au-Prince: As Americans brace for Hurricane Sandy, the Caribbean is still suffering.
Officials say storm-related death toll has risen to 65 as of early today. Haitian authorities have reported 51 of those deaths. Continued rains have added to the initial jolt of the hurricane.
The country is especially vulnerable due to its ramshackle housing and flood-prone hillsides, as well as the fact 370,000 people are still living in emergency shelters after a catastrophic 2010 earthquake.
Deaths also have been reported in Cuba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and the Bahamas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?