I am no racist: Malaysian Deputy PM
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin insists he was not being racist when he said he was Malay first and Malaysian second.
Yassin said he was merely evaluating the position of the Malay race in society, and stressed there was no need for him to be apologetic.
“Although there are some who label me an ultra for saying that I am Malay first, I am no racist,” The Star quoted Yassin, as saying.
Yassin, who is also the Education Minister, further said there is still a lot of room for improvement of the country’s education system, not just for Malays, but for all Malaysians.
“Even if we address problems on a need basis, the target group that we cannot neglect is the majority (the Malays),” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!