I had sexual relations with accuser, admits WikiLeaks founder
London: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has admitted that he had sexual relations with one of two Swedish women who accused him of sexual abuse.
Sweden`s top prosecutor reopened investigations into allegations of molestation from the woman and of rape by another Swedish female on Tuesday.
Assange said that he had consensual sex more than once with a woman who has accused him of molestation.
Assange has brushed away the accusations as a conspiracy and said the charges were a hindrance in his application for Swedish residency.
WikiLeaks published more than 70,000 secret military files on Afghanistan in July.
Assange said he had been warned by Australian intelligence that he could face a campaign to discredit him after leaking the documents.
"It appears to be highly irregular and some kind of legal circus," the Telegraph quoted Assange as saying.
"I say the same thing I have said the entire time. I have not done anything with these two women that was not completely voluntary from both parts.”
"I know what I have done with my life therefore I know that these accusations are baseless and disturbing," he added.
Assange has said that he was convinced he was facing a smear campaign.
"Who was behind this, we do not know. Whether that turns out to be a smear campaign done by a couple of people for personal motives or ideological motives, or whether that is larger and involves geopolitical concerns or whether it is a mixture of all those, we do not know," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- CPN (Maoist Centre) chairman Prachanda all set to become new Nepal PM
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama