I know when the world will end: Vladimir Putin
Dubai: Russian President Vladimir Putin is not worried by the prophecies about the world ending on Friday, as he knows that it has another 4.5 billion years left.
“I know when the world will end ... In about 4.5 billion years,” Gulf News quoted him as saying.
The 60-year-old said this in response to a question about the timing of his annual news conference, held on the eve of what according to New Age prophecies might be an apocalypse.
Putin explained his calculation by saying the world was at the centre of the Sun’s “functioning cycle” of seven billion to 14 billion years, which meant the Sun would turn into a white dwarf in 4.5 billion years.
“What is there to be afraid of if it’s inevitable?” he said.
An era in the Maya Long Count calendar is due to end at sunrise on December 21, an event interpreted by some groups as the end of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London