I know when the world will end: Vladimir Putin
Dubai: Russian President Vladimir Putin is not worried by the prophecies about the world ending on Friday, as he knows that it has another 4.5 billion years left.
“I know when the world will end ... In about 4.5 billion years,” Gulf News quoted him as saying.
The 60-year-old said this in response to a question about the timing of his annual news conference, held on the eve of what according to New Age prophecies might be an apocalypse.
Putin explained his calculation by saying the world was at the centre of the Sun’s “functioning cycle” of seven billion to 14 billion years, which meant the Sun would turn into a white dwarf in 4.5 billion years.
“What is there to be afraid of if it’s inevitable?” he said.
An era in the Maya Long Count calendar is due to end at sunrise on December 21, an event interpreted by some groups as the end of days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed