I mean what I say: Barack Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama has said that he never expected to have a big lead in the presidential race against Republican rival Mitt Romney, but added that he has an edge in ‘truth-telling’.
“You guys have some short memories. Folks in your business were writing me off a year ago, saying there was no way I would win,” Obama said in an interview with NBC News.
According to Politico, Brian Williams conducted the interview at the start of Obama’s two-day, eight-state campaign swing.
“The one thing I`ve tried always to be is just steady in terms of what I believe in, who I`m fighting for,” he said.
Obama said that he has delivered the promises he had made during the 2008 campaign.
“I think that one of the qualities I bring to bear in this campaign is people see what did I say I was going to do in 2008 and what have I delivered. And they can have some confidence that the things I say, I mean,” Obama added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview