I used `wrong` words in secret recording: Rupert Murdoch
London: Rupert Murdoch says he should not have questioned the competence of police carrying out an investigation into wrongdoing at his UK newspapers.
In a secretly-taped recording that emerged earlier this month obtained by the ExaroNews journalism website and broadcast on Channel 4 News, the media baron called wrongdoing by his British newspapers "next to nothing" and described cops as "totally incompetent".
In a letter responding to a lawmaker`s request to explain his comments, Murdoch said he had used the "wrong adjectives" when voicing his frustration with the investigation.
Murdoch added that he is "in no position to judge the competence of the investigation and should never have done so", but that he personally feels the phone-hacking probe has "gone on too long".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say