I used `wrong` words in secret recording: Rupert Murdoch
London: Rupert Murdoch says he should not have questioned the competence of police carrying out an investigation into wrongdoing at his UK newspapers.
In a secretly-taped recording that emerged earlier this month obtained by the ExaroNews journalism website and broadcast on Channel 4 News, the media baron called wrongdoing by his British newspapers "next to nothing" and described cops as "totally incompetent".
In a letter responding to a lawmaker`s request to explain his comments, Murdoch said he had used the "wrong adjectives" when voicing his frustration with the investigation.
Murdoch added that he is "in no position to judge the competence of the investigation and should never have done so", but that he personally feels the phone-hacking probe has "gone on too long".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today