IAEA claims Iran boosting nuclear capabilities
London: The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has said Iran has taken steps to boost its nuclear capabilities with increased capacity for uranium enrichment.
It claimed that Tehran has now installed over 1,000 advanced IR2m centrifuges at its Natanz enrichment plant and has begun making nuclear fuel for its planned Arak heavy-water research reactor.
According to BBC, the West fears that Iran wants to develop nuclear weapons, but the latter has denied any such claims.
The IAEA`s quarterly report has, meanwhile, revealed that Iran has kept the production of the most sensitive nuclear material, 20 percent enriched uranium, within toleration limits defined by Israel, which is below 240 kgs.
While it is believed that President Hassan Rouhani has improved the political atmosphere in the country, he may not be able to change the country`s nuclear course without a green signal from Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
President Rouhani has said that he wants to start negotiating with world powers with a more transparent nuclear programme, the report added.
However, he has not been able to nominate a chief nuclear negotiator as of now due to political compulsions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in