IAEA demands access to Iranian military site
Moscow: The head of the UN nuclear watchdog urged Iran Monday to grant IAEA inspectors immediate access to the Parchin facility, the agency reported on its website.
"We consider it essential for Iran to engage with us without further delay on the substance of our concerns," IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said at the agency`s board meeting.
The IAEA suspects Iran of having conducted nuclear activities at the Parchin military base, 30 km from the capital Tehran.
Tehran has dismissed the allegations as "baseless".
Amano also accused Tehran of failing to provide the necessary cooperation that would let IAEA inspectors "conclude that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities".
The US, Israel and a number of Western European countries suspect Iran of running a nuclear weapons programme under the guise of a civil nuclear project. Iran denies this and maintains its nuclear ambitions are purely peaceful.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India