IAEA demands access to Iranian military site
Moscow: The head of the UN nuclear watchdog urged Iran Monday to grant IAEA inspectors immediate access to the Parchin facility, the agency reported on its website.
"We consider it essential for Iran to engage with us without further delay on the substance of our concerns," IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said at the agency`s board meeting.
The IAEA suspects Iran of having conducted nuclear activities at the Parchin military base, 30 km from the capital Tehran.
Tehran has dismissed the allegations as "baseless".
Amano also accused Tehran of failing to provide the necessary cooperation that would let IAEA inspectors "conclude that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities".
The US, Israel and a number of Western European countries suspect Iran of running a nuclear weapons programme under the guise of a civil nuclear project. Iran denies this and maintains its nuclear ambitions are purely peaceful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'