IAEA demands access to Iranian military site
Moscow: The head of the UN nuclear watchdog urged Iran Monday to grant IAEA inspectors immediate access to the Parchin facility, the agency reported on its website.
"We consider it essential for Iran to engage with us without further delay on the substance of our concerns," IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said at the agency`s board meeting.
The IAEA suspects Iran of having conducted nuclear activities at the Parchin military base, 30 km from the capital Tehran.
Tehran has dismissed the allegations as "baseless".
Amano also accused Tehran of failing to provide the necessary cooperation that would let IAEA inspectors "conclude that all nuclear material in Iran is in peaceful activities".
The US, Israel and a number of Western European countries suspect Iran of running a nuclear weapons programme under the guise of a civil nuclear project. Iran denies this and maintains its nuclear ambitions are purely peaceful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB