IAEA exposes nature of Iran nuclear program: US
Washington: The White House welcomed a resolution on Iran`s nuclear program on Friday by the UN nuclear watchdog, and said it will increase pressure on Tehran to abandon its drive for an atomic bomb.
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said the International Atomic Energy Agency resolution of increasing concern about Iran`s atomic work had exposed "the hollowness of Iran`s claims" that its nuclear program was for purely civilian purposes.
"The United States will continue this pressure until Iran chooses to depart from its current path of international isolation, both in concert with our partners as well as unilaterally," he said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre