IAEA report on Parchin void of technical significance: Iran
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said on Saturday that the report of the IAEA on the country`s Parchin military base lacks "technical significance".
"Such claims are void of any technical significance. Anybody, who is an expert in the field, knows that such claims are excuses and (the traces of) issues like that (explosive experiments) cannot be removed by cleanup," said Salehi on the sidelines of the ongoing Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit here, reported Xinhua, citing the semi-official ISNA news agency.
An IAEA report said Thursday that Iran has expanded its potential capacity to refine uranium in an underground site by doubling its centrifuges from 1,064 to 2,140 and it has cleansed another site where the agency suspected the country had conducted explosive experiments linked to production of nuclear weapons.
Referring to Parchin in suburban Tehran, the agency said the cleanup would "significantly hamper" the ability of its inspectors to understand what kind of work had taken place there.
The UN nuclear watchdog urged Iran to immediately open the base to UN inspectors to clarify its nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi