ICC accepts Gaddafi son to be tried in Libya
Tripoli: The International Criminal Court accepts that Saif al-Islam Gaddafi will be tried in Libya rather than at the Hague-based court, Libyan Justice Minister Ali Khalifa Ashur said Monday.
"Libya applied Friday to the ICC for Saif to be tried in a Libyan court. The ICC accepted," he said.
An investigation into the son of the overthrown Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi had yet to finish but his trial date would be announced when it had been completed, Ashur added.
The ICC issued an arrest warrant for Saif al-Islam after prosecutors accused him and others of involvement in the killing of protesters during the revolt that eventually toppled his father in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere