ICC orders Libya to hand over intelligence chief
The Hague: Judges at the International Criminal Court have ordered Libyan authorities to immediately surrender slain dictator Muammar Gaddafi`s former intelligence chief Abdullah al-Senoussi.
The written order published today sets up the latest legal showdown between the Hague-based court and Libyan authorities who say they plan to put Al-Senoussi on trial themselves.
The ICC has indicted Al-Senoussi on charges of crimes against humanity for the murder and persecution of protesters in the early days of the uprising that eventually toppled Gaddafi in 2011.
Libyan authorities also are holding Gaddafi`s son and one-time heir-apparent, Seif al-Islam Gadhafi, who also is wanted by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy