ICC orders Libya to hand over intelligence chief
The Hague: Judges at the International Criminal Court have ordered Libyan authorities to immediately surrender slain dictator Muammar Gaddafi`s former intelligence chief Abdullah al-Senoussi.
The written order published today sets up the latest legal showdown between the Hague-based court and Libyan authorities who say they plan to put Al-Senoussi on trial themselves.
The ICC has indicted Al-Senoussi on charges of crimes against humanity for the murder and persecution of protesters in the early days of the uprising that eventually toppled Gaddafi in 2011.
Libyan authorities also are holding Gaddafi`s son and one-time heir-apparent, Seif al-Islam Gadhafi, who also is wanted by the court.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!