ICC orders Libya to hand over intelligence chief
The Hague: Judges at the International Criminal Court have ordered Libyan authorities to immediately surrender slain dictator Muammar Gaddafi`s former intelligence chief Abdullah al-Senoussi.
The written order published today sets up the latest legal showdown between the Hague-based court and Libyan authorities who say they plan to put Al-Senoussi on trial themselves.
The ICC has indicted Al-Senoussi on charges of crimes against humanity for the murder and persecution of protesters in the early days of the uprising that eventually toppled Gaddafi in 2011.
Libyan authorities also are holding Gaddafi`s son and one-time heir-apparent, Seif al-Islam Gadhafi, who also is wanted by the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites