ICC rejects Gaddafi daughter input in Saif case
The Hague: International Criminal Court judges have rejected a request by Muammar
Gaddafi`s daughter to intervene in the case against her
brother, Saif al-Islam.
Aisha Gaddafi filed a request Tuesday to act as "amicus
curiae," or "friend of the court" to provide "concrete
information" she said could help judges decide their next
Judges rejected the request today, saying it was
"misplaced and contrary to the intended purpose" of an amicus
Saif was arrested in November in Libya`s remote southern
The Hague-based court wants to put him on trial in The
Hague, however Libyan officials want him to be tried in Libya.
The ICC charged Seif last year with crimes against
humanity for his alleged role in the brutal crackdown on
civilians demonstrating against his father`s regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death