ICC rejects Libya bid to try Gaddafi son
The Hague: The International Criminal Court has again rejected attempts by Libya to delay handing over one of former dictator Muammar Gaddafi`s sons, who is wanted for trial.
Judges unanimously dismissed Libya`s latest appeal against the court`s order to surrender Saif al-Islam Gaddafi for trial on charges of murdering and persecuting civilians in the early days of the uprising that toppled his father`s regime last year.
Seif al-Islam was captured by rebels last year and is being held in the western town of Zintan.
Libyan authorities are resisting, saying they want to put him on trial at home.
Today`s decision heaps more pressure on Tripoli to send Seif al-Islam to The Hague.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday