ICC to investigate 3-6 Ivory Coast figures
Abidjan: The International Criminal Court`s chief prosecutor says the court will investigate three to six people in Ivory Coast for their actions during the West African nation`s six-month-long political crisis.
Luis Moreno-Ocampo said late Saturday that the court will only focus on "most egregious and the most responsible" and refer others to national courts. He says he does not know who the international court will investigate.
He also says the probe may look at violence committed as early as 2002.
The court earlier this month authorised an investigation into violence that left thousands dead after former strongman Laurent Gbagbo refused to cede power after losing a November poll.
Ivory Coast`s President asked the international court to investigate crimes committed by both sides.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'