ICC to investigate 3-6 Ivory Coast figures
Abidjan: The International Criminal Court`s chief prosecutor says the court will investigate three to six people in Ivory Coast for their actions during the West African nation`s six-month-long political crisis.
Luis Moreno-Ocampo said late Saturday that the court will only focus on "most egregious and the most responsible" and refer others to national courts. He says he does not know who the international court will investigate.
He also says the probe may look at violence committed as early as 2002.
The court earlier this month authorised an investigation into violence that left thousands dead after former strongman Laurent Gbagbo refused to cede power after losing a November poll.
Ivory Coast`s President asked the international court to investigate crimes committed by both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!