ICC to investigate 3-6 Ivory Coast figures
Abidjan: The International Criminal Court`s chief prosecutor says the court will investigate three to six people in Ivory Coast for their actions during the West African nation`s six-month-long political crisis.
Luis Moreno-Ocampo said late Saturday that the court will only focus on "most egregious and the most responsible" and refer others to national courts. He says he does not know who the international court will investigate.
He also says the probe may look at violence committed as early as 2002.
The court earlier this month authorised an investigation into violence that left thousands dead after former strongman Laurent Gbagbo refused to cede power after losing a November poll.
Ivory Coast`s President asked the international court to investigate crimes committed by both sides.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’