Iceland prez arrives on three-day visit to Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Iceland President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson arrived here today on a three-day visit to the state.
Grimsson arrived at the Jolly Grant airport at 11 am and went straight to a hotel on Rajpur Road where he will put up during his stay.
He left for Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology in the afternoon to inaugurate and address an environment workshop there.
He is scheduled to meet Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi at the Raj Bhawan tomorrow when he will also attend a program at the famous Doon School.
Security has been beefed up with deployment of additional security personnel in view of the Iceland President`s visit to the city, DIG Amit Sinha said.
Instructions have been issued for anti-sabotage checking and frisking along routes and venues of the President`s visit to ensure safety, he said.
Grimsson has been serving as President of Iceland since 1996. He was re-elected for a record fifth term in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!