Iceland prez arrives on three-day visit to Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Iceland President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson arrived here today on a three-day visit to the state.
Grimsson arrived at the Jolly Grant airport at 11 am and went straight to a hotel on Rajpur Road where he will put up during his stay.
He left for Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology in the afternoon to inaugurate and address an environment workshop there.
He is scheduled to meet Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi at the Raj Bhawan tomorrow when he will also attend a program at the famous Doon School.
Security has been beefed up with deployment of additional security personnel in view of the Iceland President`s visit to the city, DIG Amit Sinha said.
Instructions have been issued for anti-sabotage checking and frisking along routes and venues of the President`s visit to ensure safety, he said.
Grimsson has been serving as President of Iceland since 1996. He was re-elected for a record fifth term in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!