Iceland prez arrives on three-day visit to Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Iceland President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson arrived here today on a three-day visit to the state.
Grimsson arrived at the Jolly Grant airport at 11 am and went straight to a hotel on Rajpur Road where he will put up during his stay.
He left for Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology in the afternoon to inaugurate and address an environment workshop there.
He is scheduled to meet Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi at the Raj Bhawan tomorrow when he will also attend a program at the famous Doon School.
Security has been beefed up with deployment of additional security personnel in view of the Iceland President`s visit to the city, DIG Amit Sinha said.
Instructions have been issued for anti-sabotage checking and frisking along routes and venues of the President`s visit to ensure safety, he said.
Grimsson has been serving as President of Iceland since 1996. He was re-elected for a record fifth term in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why