Iceland prez arrives on three-day visit to Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Iceland President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson arrived here today on a three-day visit to the state.
Grimsson arrived at the Jolly Grant airport at 11 am and went straight to a hotel on Rajpur Road where he will put up during his stay.
He left for Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology in the afternoon to inaugurate and address an environment workshop there.
He is scheduled to meet Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi at the Raj Bhawan tomorrow when he will also attend a program at the famous Doon School.
Security has been beefed up with deployment of additional security personnel in view of the Iceland President`s visit to the city, DIG Amit Sinha said.
Instructions have been issued for anti-sabotage checking and frisking along routes and venues of the President`s visit to ensure safety, he said.
Grimsson has been serving as President of Iceland since 1996. He was re-elected for a record fifth term in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends