I`d consider a post in Obama administration: Schwarzenegger
New York: Arnold Schwarzenegger wants to be a part of US President Barack Obama’s administration.
The California governor told the Los Angeles Times that he`d consider a post in the leader’s administration and began listing his credentials, reports the New York Daily News.
The Republican governor said he could use his "celebrity power and also my knowledge and experience" to make a difference.
He added that he`s especially interested in working on the country`s energy policy, and wants to bring together Democrats and Republicans to reduce the nation`s dependence on foreign sources of oil.
Schwarzenegger, who endorsed his fellow Republican John McCain in the 2008 presidential race, made headlines after he mocked Obama for his "skinny legs" and "scrawny arms, adding he needed "some meat on his ideas”.
But despite the past riff, the former bodybuilder and actor said he could help Obama and that Americans trust him on energy issues.
"People are very receptive when I talk about these things because I`m a Hummer driver…not a tree hugger," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference