I`d consider a post in Obama administration: Schwarzenegger
New York: Arnold Schwarzenegger wants to be a part of US President Barack Obama’s administration.
The California governor told the Los Angeles Times that he`d consider a post in the leader’s administration and began listing his credentials, reports the New York Daily News.
The Republican governor said he could use his "celebrity power and also my knowledge and experience" to make a difference.
He added that he`s especially interested in working on the country`s energy policy, and wants to bring together Democrats and Republicans to reduce the nation`s dependence on foreign sources of oil.
Schwarzenegger, who endorsed his fellow Republican John McCain in the 2008 presidential race, made headlines after he mocked Obama for his "skinny legs" and "scrawny arms, adding he needed "some meat on his ideas”.
But despite the past riff, the former bodybuilder and actor said he could help Obama and that Americans trust him on energy issues.
"People are very receptive when I talk about these things because I`m a Hummer driver…not a tree hugger," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’