I`d consider a post in Obama administration: Schwarzenegger
New York: Arnold Schwarzenegger wants to be a part of US President Barack Obama’s administration.
The California governor told the Los Angeles Times that he`d consider a post in the leader’s administration and began listing his credentials, reports the New York Daily News.
The Republican governor said he could use his "celebrity power and also my knowledge and experience" to make a difference.
He added that he`s especially interested in working on the country`s energy policy, and wants to bring together Democrats and Republicans to reduce the nation`s dependence on foreign sources of oil.
Schwarzenegger, who endorsed his fellow Republican John McCain in the 2008 presidential race, made headlines after he mocked Obama for his "skinny legs" and "scrawny arms, adding he needed "some meat on his ideas”.
But despite the past riff, the former bodybuilder and actor said he could help Obama and that Americans trust him on energy issues.
"People are very receptive when I talk about these things because I`m a Hummer driver…not a tree hugger," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video