I`d like to have a boy: Kate Middleton
London: Expecting her first child, Kate Middleton has said that she would like to have a boy but her husband Prince William wants a girl.
31-year-old Duchess of Cambridge, who was wearing a dark green coat, chatted about her impending motherhood with the Irish Guards at St Patrick`s Day parade.
Guardsman Lee Wheeler, said: "I was talking to her about the baby of course. I asked her do you know if it`s a girl or a boy and she said not yet".
"She said, `I`d like to have a boy and William would like a girl`," Wheeler said.
"That`s always the way. I asked her if she had any names and she said no. I said I suppose you have to stick to traditional names," he told the Duchess.
Kate, who is around five-and-a-half months pregnant, chatted about motherhood with members of the Irish Guards after handing out St Patrick`s Day shamrocks, the Mirror reported.
During her hour-and-a-half hour visit to the regiment`s Aldershot barracks the Duchess made several frank and open comments about her baby due in July.
She said she was prepared for sleepless nights, is very excited about becoming a mum but doesn`t have any definite names for her child yet.
After presenting officers, guardsmen and the regiment`s dog mascot Domhnall with their shamrocks, where she nearly slipped over getting her foot caught in a drain, she and William met a line-up of soldiers.
Kate also chatted to Sergeant Thomas Laven who has received an Irish Guards long service medal for having good conduct for 15 years.
Thomas, who has a seven-month-old son Theo, said, "I congratulated her on the impending birth and said you`ve got sleepless nights to come. She said she was prepared for it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report