‘If babies had guns they wouldn`t be aborted’ election slogan sparks outrage in US
New York: A US Republican provoked extreme reactions on social media sites with the inflammatory new bumper sticker released by his re-election campaign that connecting the debate over abortion with that of gun control.
Campaign staffers working on the re-election team for Texas Congressman Steve Stockman released the bumper sticker that read, “If babies had guns they wouldn`t be aborted. Vote Pro-Life!”.
According to the New York Daily News, an image of the bumper sticker was tweeted by @ReElectStockman, which bills itself as the “(o)fficial campaign account of the most conservative Congressman in Texas!”
Stockman made waves in the Twittersphere, provoking a slew of tweets from those who loved or hated the eyebrow-raising slogan, the paper said.
The paper said that this was not the first shocking statement from Stockman.
During a February video chat with pro-gun musician Ted Nugent, he wondered whether relatives of shooting victims who lobby for gun control are “useful idiots or props” of President Barack Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'