‘If babies had guns they wouldn`t be aborted’ election slogan sparks outrage in US
New York: A US Republican provoked extreme reactions on social media sites with the inflammatory new bumper sticker released by his re-election campaign that connecting the debate over abortion with that of gun control.
Campaign staffers working on the re-election team for Texas Congressman Steve Stockman released the bumper sticker that read, “If babies had guns they wouldn`t be aborted. Vote Pro-Life!”.
According to the New York Daily News, an image of the bumper sticker was tweeted by @ReElectStockman, which bills itself as the “(o)fficial campaign account of the most conservative Congressman in Texas!”
Stockman made waves in the Twittersphere, provoking a slew of tweets from those who loved or hated the eyebrow-raising slogan, the paper said.
The paper said that this was not the first shocking statement from Stockman.
During a February video chat with pro-gun musician Ted Nugent, he wondered whether relatives of shooting victims who lobby for gun control are “useful idiots or props” of President Barack Obama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video