I’ll contest falsified Ukraine poll: Tymoshenko
Kiev: Defeated candidate Yulia Tymoshenko on Saturday refused to recognise her rival Viktor Yanukovych as Ukraine`s new president and said she would challenge the results of the Presidential Election in court.
"The election in Ukraine was falsified," Tymoshenko said in a televised address, a week after the election that handed victory to Yanukovych by a slim margin of some 3.5 percent.
"I have taken the only decision possible, which is to contest the result of the vote in court. I will defend our state and your choice with the support of legal arguments," said Tymoshenko, who is Prime Minister.
"Yanukovych is not our president. He will never become a legitimately-elected president of Ukraine under any circumstances."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?