I`ll talk with US if pressure stops, says Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says he is ready to have direct talks with United States if the West stops pressuring his country.
His statements today to a rally marking the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution come after Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has final say on all key decisions, effectively closed the door on direct talks with Washington as long as sanctions and other pressures remai
"You pull away the gun from the face of the Iranian nation, I myself will enter the talks with you," Ahmadinejad said. The declaration appears part of Ahmadinejad`s attempt to retain the appearance of political relevance going into his final months of office
The West suspects Iran of trying to develop nuclear weapons and has imposed sanctions. Iran denies the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender