I`ll talk with US if pressure stops, says Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iran`s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says he is ready to have direct talks with United States if the West stops pressuring his country.
His statements today to a rally marking the anniversary of the 1979 Islamic revolution come after Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who has final say on all key decisions, effectively closed the door on direct talks with Washington as long as sanctions and other pressures remai
"You pull away the gun from the face of the Iranian nation, I myself will enter the talks with you," Ahmadinejad said. The declaration appears part of Ahmadinejad`s attempt to retain the appearance of political relevance going into his final months of office
The West suspects Iran of trying to develop nuclear weapons and has imposed sanctions. Iran denies the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan