Illness outbreak aboard ship forces Florida cruise delay
St Petersburg: An outbreak of intestinal illness among passengers on Royal Caribbean International`s Radiance of the Sea cruise ship has delayed the next sailing so the ship can be sanitised, the company said in a statement on Saturday.
Radiance of the Seas returned to the Port of Tampa on Saturday morning from a five-day cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel in Mexico and was scheduled to leave Saturday night for the same ports. Royal Caribbean said the sailing would be delayed by five hours while the ship is cleaned.
"During Radiance of the Seas` last sailing, a number of guests experienced some gastrointestinal illness," Royal Caribbean said. "In an abundance of caution, we will conduct some enhanced sanitising on board the ship and within the cruise terminal to help prevent any illness from affecting the next sailing.”
"If you have experienced any gastrointestinal symptoms during the past three days, we ask that you please consider rescheduling your cruise," the company told passengers.
The ship can hold 2,500 passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’