Illness outbreak aboard ship forces Florida cruise delay
St Petersburg: An outbreak of intestinal illness among passengers on Royal Caribbean International`s Radiance of the Sea cruise ship has delayed the next sailing so the ship can be sanitised, the company said in a statement on Saturday.
Radiance of the Seas returned to the Port of Tampa on Saturday morning from a five-day cruise to Costa Maya and Cozumel in Mexico and was scheduled to leave Saturday night for the same ports. Royal Caribbean said the sailing would be delayed by five hours while the ship is cleaned.
"During Radiance of the Seas` last sailing, a number of guests experienced some gastrointestinal illness," Royal Caribbean said. "In an abundance of caution, we will conduct some enhanced sanitising on board the ship and within the cruise terminal to help prevent any illness from affecting the next sailing.”
"If you have experienced any gastrointestinal symptoms during the past three days, we ask that you please consider rescheduling your cruise," the company told passengers.
The ship can hold 2,500 passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood
- Sprinter Dutee Chand shatters own national record, qualifies for Rio Olympics
- One in seven women in Bengaluru garment factories faces sexual violence: Report