I’m no Usain Bolt, says Barack Obama
Washington: US President Barack Obama has predicted that this year’s Presidential Election will be far closer than one of Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt`s gold medal sprints.
"This is not going to be a race like Usain Bolt, where we’re like 40 yards ahead, and we can just kind of start jogging 10 feet before the finish line," Obama said on the front lawn of his Chicago home.
"We’re going to have to run through the tape," Obama told a crowd of 100 that paid USD 40,000 each to hear from the President on the lush green grounds of his Kenwood house.
"But we’re really well positioned to not just win, but to keep America moving forward," Politico quoted Obama as saying.
Obama said he`s positioned well because of his plans to create jobs and grow the middle class, which are in ‘stark’ contrast to those proposed by Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney and his new running mate, Republican Paul Ryan, the report added.
“Mr Romney and now his running mate, Paul Ryan, fundamentally believe that if folks at the top are doing well, and we eliminate regulations ... that somehow prosperity will come roaring back and will trickle down to everybody,” Obama added.
Obama then gave a detailed contrast on a range of issues. “I believe that women should have control over their health care choices. Mr Romney and Congressman Ryan have a different view,” Obama said. “I believe it was right to end Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell … Mr Romney and Mr Ryan have a different view. I believe in investing in clean energy … Mr Romney and Congressman Ryan have a different view. On international policy, I think ending the war in Iraq was the right thing to do. Governor Romney disagrees,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price