I`m not sorry, you`re dumb: Thief to victims
London: A 16-year-old burglar, who was thought to expressing remorse while in rehabilitation, instead rubbed salt into his victims` wounds by describing them as being dumb enough for turning their house a target of thieves like him!
"Instead of apologising for stealing valuables from a family home, he told the owners through a letter: `To be honest I`m not bothered or sorry about the fact that I burgled your house`," the Daily Mail reported.
The habitual burglar, who stole a computer games console, an interactive entertainment computer, camera, camcorder, two TVs and two speakers in the raid in Moortown, a suburb in Leeds, told the victims that they alone were to blame.
Most of the items were seized after the teenager was arrested by West Yorkshire police.
The offender, who has not been identified, was put on an Intensive Supervision and Surveillance Programme (ISSP) as punishment for his latest crime.
The letter read: "Dear Victim. I don`t know why I am writing a letter to you! I have been forced to write this letter by ISSP. To be honest, I`m not bothered or sorry about the fact that I burgled your house. Basically, it was your own fault anyways."
The teenager`s letter was stopped by the authorities before it could reach the victims but was later released as part of an anti-burglary campaign.
Described as the `most rigorous` form of non-custodial sentence for young offenders, writing letters to victims is part of the programme meant to enable them change their ways.
In the case of this teenaged burglar, surely, the letter-writing wasn`t of much help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand