I`m not sorry, you`re dumb: Thief to victims
London: A 16-year-old burglar, who was thought to expressing remorse while in rehabilitation, instead rubbed salt into his victims` wounds by describing them as being dumb enough for turning their house a target of thieves like him!
"Instead of apologising for stealing valuables from a family home, he told the owners through a letter: `To be honest I`m not bothered or sorry about the fact that I burgled your house`," the Daily Mail reported.
The habitual burglar, who stole a computer games console, an interactive entertainment computer, camera, camcorder, two TVs and two speakers in the raid in Moortown, a suburb in Leeds, told the victims that they alone were to blame.
Most of the items were seized after the teenager was arrested by West Yorkshire police.
The offender, who has not been identified, was put on an Intensive Supervision and Surveillance Programme (ISSP) as punishment for his latest crime.
The letter read: "Dear Victim. I don`t know why I am writing a letter to you! I have been forced to write this letter by ISSP. To be honest, I`m not bothered or sorry about the fact that I burgled your house. Basically, it was your own fault anyways."
The teenager`s letter was stopped by the authorities before it could reach the victims but was later released as part of an anti-burglary campaign.
Described as the `most rigorous` form of non-custodial sentence for young offenders, writing letters to victims is part of the programme meant to enable them change their ways.
In the case of this teenaged burglar, surely, the letter-writing wasn`t of much help.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting begins - Who will win BJP or Shiv Sena?
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune