I`m President of US, not black America: Obama
Washington: President Barack Obama deflected criticism that he had not done enough to support black businesses in a magazine interview saying he was "not the president of black America."
The Black Enterprise Magazine had asked: "How do you respond to criticism that your administration hasn`t done enough to support black businesses?"
According to Politico, Obama replying to the questions said: “My general view has been consistent throughout, which is that I want all businesses to succeed. I want all Americans to have opportunity. I`m not the president of black America. I`m the president of the United States of America."
"The programs that we have put in place have been directed at those folks who are least able to get financing through conventional means, who have been in the past locked out of opportunities that were available to everybody. So, I`ll put my track record up against anybody in terms of us putting in place broad-based programs that ultimately had a huge benefit for African American businesses," the report quoted Obama, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt