IMF ex-chief hired prostitutes, claims madame
London: A Madame in the US has claimed that she supplied young women to embattled International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn, who is now accused of trying to rape a New York hotel maid, it was reported on Thursday.
Kristin Davis, the madame, said one of the young women she provided to Strauss-Kahn complained about his "aggressive" behaviour.
"He was a client of my agency," Davis told the Daily Telegraph.
"When men abuse women, I`m no longer going to protect their identities".
Strauss-Kahn, 62, has been charged with sexually attacking a 32-year-old hotel maid Saturday. He denies the allegation and is being held in Rikers Island prison. He has also quit as the IMF head.
Thirty five-year-old Davis said Strauss-Kahn paid $1,200 for two-hour sessions in hotel rooms.
"He wanted an `all-American girl`, with a fresh face, from the mid-West," Davis was quoted as saying.
"A girl in January 2006 complained he was rough and angry, and said she didn`t want to see him again."
Davis said that seven months later in September 2006, she sent Strauss-Kahn a Brazilian-born prostitute who said "he was rough".
"She told me not to send any new girls to him."
The media report cited Mexican press reports as claiming that Strauss-Kahn may also have assaulted a maid in Mexico while on an official visit.
The claim was mentioned in the French book "DSK: Secrets of a presidential contender". The book was written by an author who used the pseudonym Cassandre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!