IMF wants more aid to Jordan for refugees
Amman: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief has appealed to donor states to increase aid to Jordan for dealing with a large number of Syrian refugees in the country.
"Syrians living in the Zaatari camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan suffer from very difficult conditions and Jordan needs help as it is doing its best to provide aids to them," Xinhua quoted IMF Managing Director Christine LaGarde as saying Monday.
Donor states need to take into account the pressure Jordan is going through, she said.
Jordan is home to some 1.3 million Syrians, of whom about 600, 000 are registered as refugees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA