IMF wants more aid to Jordan for refugees
Amman: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief has appealed to donor states to increase aid to Jordan for dealing with a large number of Syrian refugees in the country.
"Syrians living in the Zaatari camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan suffer from very difficult conditions and Jordan needs help as it is doing its best to provide aids to them," Xinhua quoted IMF Managing Director Christine LaGarde as saying Monday.
Donor states need to take into account the pressure Jordan is going through, she said.
Jordan is home to some 1.3 million Syrians, of whom about 600, 000 are registered as refugees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India