IMF wants more aid to Jordan for refugees
Amman: The International Monetary Fund (IMF) chief has appealed to donor states to increase aid to Jordan for dealing with a large number of Syrian refugees in the country.
"Syrians living in the Zaatari camp for Syrian refugees in Jordan suffer from very difficult conditions and Jordan needs help as it is doing its best to provide aids to them," Xinhua quoted IMF Managing Director Christine LaGarde as saying Monday.
Donor states need to take into account the pressure Jordan is going through, she said.
Jordan is home to some 1.3 million Syrians, of whom about 600, 000 are registered as refugees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed