‘Immigrants know more about UK heritage than b***** all Britons’
London: A British lawmaker has claimed that new immigrants know more about UK’s heritage than many Britons.
Labour’s Shadow Justice Secretary Sadiq Khan said many Britons know “b***** all” about their own country while those coming from abroad can be a lot more clued up.
“One of the frustrations I have is I often meet people who have gone through the citizenship ceremony who are so excited and so enthused and then I’ll be canvassing in my area and there’ll be people who have lived in the same home for three or four or five generations who know b***** all about our heritage,” Khan said.
According to the Daily Express, Khan said that immigrants seeking British citizenship are “excited” to learn about our heritage.
“It frustrates me that you’ve got new citizens who have an obligation to learn about our country but we aren’t doing enough to make sure everyone shares that knowledge,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress