Immigration reforms high on Obama`s agenda in 2nd term
Washington: A comprehensive immigration reform is high on priority of US President Barack Obama during his second term in office, the White House has said.
"I would say, broadly speaking, that State of the Union addresses tend to include at least a sample of President`s agenda, and comprehensive immigration reform, is a very high priority of the President," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said.
He said Obama has given commitment to take action on immigration reform early in his second term.
"I can assure you that it is a top priority of this President, and it is something he will act on, as he has promised," he said.
Soon after his electoral victory in November, Obama, at a White House news conference, had said he was "very confident" that he could get immigration reform done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok