Immigration reforms high on Obama`s agenda in 2nd term
Washington: A comprehensive immigration reform is high on priority of US President Barack Obama during his second term in office, the White House has said.
"I would say, broadly speaking, that State of the Union addresses tend to include at least a sample of President`s agenda, and comprehensive immigration reform, is a very high priority of the President," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said.
He said Obama has given commitment to take action on immigration reform early in his second term.
"I can assure you that it is a top priority of this President, and it is something he will act on, as he has promised," he said.
Soon after his electoral victory in November, Obama, at a White House news conference, had said he was "very confident" that he could get immigration reform done.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?