Imperial Tobacco to close factories in Britain, France
Paris: Imperial Tobacco today informed staff that it is closing factories in Britain and France that employ nearly 900 people.
The British company`s French subsidiary Seita revealed the plans to union representatives at a works council meeting in Paris.
The two factories concerned are at Carquefou, near Nantes in western France, where 327 people are employed, and in Nottingham in central England (570 staff).
The company said a total of 366 jobs will go in France and 130 new jobs will be created in Poland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Attention users: New malware commits data theft by the sound of your processor!
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more