Imperial Tobacco to close factories in Britain, France
Paris: Imperial Tobacco today informed staff that it is closing factories in Britain and France that employ nearly 900 people.
The British company`s French subsidiary Seita revealed the plans to union representatives at a works council meeting in Paris.
The two factories concerned are at Carquefou, near Nantes in western France, where 327 people are employed, and in Nottingham in central England (570 staff).
The company said a total of 366 jobs will go in France and 130 new jobs will be created in Poland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city