Improved Indo-Russia ties to contribute to peace in Asia: China
Beijing: Against the backdrop of India and Russia inking defence deals worth USD four billion, China on Wednesday said improved relations between the two countries would contribute to peace and stability in Asia and the world at large.
"China welcomes (efforts of) Russia and India to develop their friendly relations and hopes and believes that improvement of their relations will contribute to peace and development and stability in Asia and world," Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying told a media briefing.
She was commenting on a question on the new defence deals signed between India and Russia during President Vladimir Putin`s recent visit to New Delhi.
After Putin`s talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, India and Russian signed 10 key pacts, including defence deals worth around USD 4 billion.
"Both Russia and India are China`s neighbours... As emerging countries, China, Russia and India maintain sound communication and coordination within frameworks such as the BRICS and the trilateral foreign ministers` talks," Hua said.
She also noted that the Sino-Russian relationship and China-India ties have maintained sound development momentum in recent years.
China has a multi-faceted cooperation with Russia in fields like energy, defence and high technology.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore