Improvement in health condition of Koirala
Kathmandu: There has been improvement in
the condition of Nepal`s former Prime Minister G P Koirala,
who was examined by a top Indian doctor rushed from New Delhi
after his health suddenly deteriorated yesterday, his personal
staff said on Monday.
85-year-old president of the Nepali Congress party,
who is suffering from lung infection and lack of haemoglobin,
has been bed-ridden for weeks. He was rushed to Sahid Gangalal
Heart Centre in the capital yesterday.
His condition has improved slightly, according to
Shekhar Thapa, Koirala`s personal secretary.
He was administered blood last night as the blood
level in his body had gone way below normal. "Koirala`s
hemoglobin level has increased after the treatment," said
Dr Randeep Gulariya from New Delhi`s Apollo Hospital
was rushed to Kathmandu yesterday to attend to Koirala.
Besides infection in the lung, the former Nepalese
prime minister also has chest complications, respiratory
problems and lack of haemoglobin, doctors said.
He has been advised to stay in hospital for another
two to three days.
Meanwhile, President Dr Ram Baran Yadav visited
Koirala at the hospital to enquire about the octogenarian
A group of doctors led by Koirala`s personal physician
Arjun Karki is attending on him.
Koirala is the chief architect of the landmark peace
process that opened the way for the end of the Maoists-led
decade-long insurgency in the country. The Maoists joined
mainstream politics after a 2006 peace deal with the interim
government led by Koirala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note